RIP Art Dudley

128x128noromance
Gulp.  Pause.  What? OMG, WHAT????

Yeah, this is a shock. He was a writer that really created a bond with the reader. And I think that probably many of us who miss him already and are so saddened to hear of his passing, feel like, even though we never met him we know him as a person. I loved his writing, I loved The Listener magazine, I looked forward to reading him every time I saw his byline. He will truly be missed. I'm going to say some prayers for the Departed for him.
One of my favorite audio writers. RIP. I do read a quite few audio magazines every month but know the names of very few audio writers (maybe 3 or 4). His was one.
I have waited to respond. I loved Listener. I appreciated his unique approach to reviewing. I hope his daughter may carry on, his legacy.

RIP Mr. Dudley.

Watched his tour of SoundSmith last night. Wow! What I could do if I were 40 years younger?
Just saw this today.  I was reading his column in the current issue before going to bed last night so it came as a shock to see the thread title.  I did enjoy his writing style and frequently found myself disagreeing with him but he was enjoyably provocative.