Jazz for someone who doesn't like jazz.

I've toyed with the idea of looking into jazz. Not sure why. Not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe just something to sound good on my system. I realize jazz is a broad category but much of what I hear I have not been attracted to. Don't ask me what I've heard.
What I'd like is a recommendation of two or three albums to start with. (I know that's insane)

And since I've given next to nothing to go on I'll point out a few things that I do like that might help narrow it down some maybe.

Jazz-like stuff I do like: Steely Dan. Almost all of their stuff. Van Morrison's jazz influenced stuff like Astral Weeks.
I like blues. Delta and hill country hard core blues.

I like a wide variety of rock from heavy metal, to prog rock to classic R&B.
Does any of that help? I know this is a crazy request but if I could get some recommendations I'll at least have somewhere to start. Not looking for specific recordings yet. Just content. When I find what I like I'll research the best recordings.
Thanks for any possible advice.
George

n80
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Best selling jazz album of all time mainly because it appealed (was accessible) to people who didn't necessarily like jazz.  
Yeah, I am kind of in the same boat, really like some jazz-influenced work but not all that into jazz per se. Agree with easy, the more what I would call approachable jazz that truly is jazz would be Miles Davis. He's definitely jazz yet more melodic and relatable than most.

Brubeck Time Out is really an exercise in time signatures. (Time Out is a play on time, each cut using a different unusual time signatures like 9 8, 6 4, 5 4, etc.) I wonder if it would be so popular if it hadn't been used in so many movies....

Charles Mingus, (Mingus)4 is a monster. And not sure if the jazz officials will call it jazz for sure but if they will then the kings of listenable jazz are Satchmo and Duke. 

Ellington Jazz Party in Stereo and Satchmo Plays King Oliver are awesome music and bona fide audiophile classics.
Donald Byrd - Blackbyrd
Michael Franks
Paul Hardcastle
Earl Klugh
earlier George Benson
Gregory Porter

for straight ahead, non pop influenced jazz
concur - 60’s Miles Davis, CTI Freddie Hubbard, Ahmad Jamal

Good luck this is fertile ground
Checkout any of the Joe Zawinul/Wayne Shorter-led band recordings: Weather Report! A superb collective effort spanning decades!
Miles Davis "Big Fun" is a much more interesting album IMO
Monty Alexander "My America" is another great sounding album
War "The World Is A Ghetto [40th Anniversary Expanded Edition"]Extra Tracks
I am not sure it is classified as jazz , but it is very jazzy and very Good