Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
@vair68robert 
I re-configured my cables per your suggestion last Tuesday. That night there was a subtle echoplex sound but I knew that these changes can take time to settle in. With the quarantine it’s been hard to have the house to myself but I did listen a bit yesterday with a critical ear. 
I have to say my system sounds better than ever: more open, clear, and dimensional . . . but that was also my opinion before I made this change. My modded 2.4s really sound great with my electronics. I plan to listen this way for another week or two then change back before declaring one or the other better. Regardless of possible sonic differences, the current configuration is physically more obtrusive with the cables extending out to about speaker width rather than promptly dropping to the floor.  
@beetlmania

I'm glad that you like what your hearing ,
more open , clear and dimensional is similar to what TT heard when he tried it , page 155 .

Does your preamp have a left / right channel  and mono option ?

If this does end up sounding better to you then it would be a great
upgrade because it was free and easy .

Rob - for clarification, my experiment at your suggestion was to double-up my Morrow SP-4 cables. Each cable contained its traditional + and -, and that cable was paralleled with an identical + and - as in normal bi-wire, but with single pair of amp and speaker terminals.

Your new concoction makes each entire cable either + or -. I compared this morning and must say that I am intrigued. I will listen more and defer any comments  until after Beetle has commented. I also encourage others to make this comparison because it raises many questions. It can be carried out at any cable quality, as long as you can conjure 4 identical cable runs. I would love to hear comments from cable skeptics.

Fascinating. So much to learn, so little time.
oblgny
Good to read that your CS 2.4 speakers found the next home. Equally good to read that you are back in the game from the sideline. Keep us posted as you massage those Usher speakers into your room/system.
Happy Listening!
vair68robert
Looking forward to your pics in Virtual Systems.
Happy Listening!