Equipment Rack - How important in the grand scheme of things?

I have a fairly nice system ($25K or so invested) but I am currently using a cheap rack bought off ebay (1/2" glass shelves with plastic cylinders between the shelves). My amp is sitting on a granite slab (left over from kitchen remodel) on carpet. My system is all solid state with no turntable. My rack is sitting on a tile floor over concrete slab. 

I realize that "everything matters" at least a little, but the question is - how important is the quality of the equipment rack compared to other upgrades I could consider? Have those of you that have switched from a cheapo rack to a nice one noticed much improvement (particularly with SS systems and no turntable)?

On a related note, one of my local dealers sells Solid Tech racks. Anyone with experience with these racks?

Thanks,
Jay

128x128jaytor
jaytor,
Racks really matter, and in my experience help the speakers disappear sonically. I like Adona (a constrained layer design) for the looks, performance and adjustability, but Timbernation and Core as well as many other make great racks, and the sky is the limit price wise. Different types WILL sound different.
Post removed 

select-hifi
Max Townshend first launched the Seismic Sink back in the 80’s or 90’s i believe, the design has evolved and is effective down to 3HZ from all directions.

>>>>Just for grins let’s do the math. 😀 If an isolation device is rated for 3 Hz performance what does that really mean? 3 Hz represents the resonant or natural frequency of the device, Fr, derived from the total spring rate and the total mass of the device, including component or speaker. But since the iso device acts as a mechanical low pass filter ⤴️ the isolation itself doesn’t kick in until around 6 Hz at a rate of about 6 dB/octave. So for an interfering frequency of 10 Hz the device is just starting to be effective, maybe only 30% effective. For an interfering frequency of 20 Hz the device will be around 75% effective. But it will be 99% effective at 30 Hz. This illustrates the advantage of getting the Fr as low as possible, 2 Hz or lower would be excellent performance. For speakers the Fr is not as critical since the speaker cabinets don’t generate extremely low frequency vibrations. Just moving the Fr down 1 Hz improves performance at 10 Hz and 20 Hz considerably for front end components. Of all the directions of motion I judge vertical 🔝 the most important followed by horizontal plane (many directions) 🔛.

No matter how much you have in the end you would have had even more if you had started out with more.
+1 millercarbon and Geofffait

I have Geoffs springs under every component. Highly effective and very low cost
One of my audio gurus swears by 1"+ glass shelving
Jaytor, It is important to keep your equipment organized and wiring neatly arranged signal wires away from power lines. A rack helps. Otherwise in your situation (no turntable) it is purely a matter of aesthetics. Everything else is audiophile dander.

Mike