Network Transport vs. CD Transport

So I decided to conduct an experiment. I pulled the old Marantz cd player circa 1999, around $400 retail, from storage along with few CDs. Using a coax digital cable with a $4.97 rca to bnc adapter from amazon, I sat down to listen. I played the CD, the ripped version (AIFF) of that CD, and a Qobuz redbook version thru my zmac Mini. Long story short...the reason why I did it was because there is something missing in the Mac Mini sound quality and I got tired of trying to figure out what the heck is going on. 
Anyways, that old cd player used as a transport into the Qutest DAC sounds considerably better  than the Mac Mini that right now I will need a few days break before I can can listen to the Mac again. I figured (assumed) that a dedicated network transport will pretty much better the Mac Mini and be comparable or better than what I heard with Marantz player as transport. Eyeing Auralic G1, Lumin D2 and Lumin U1 Mini as candidates (I need wifi capability), will any of these be comparable or better than let’s say a decent CD transport feeding the Chord Qutest? For example a Cambridge CXC, or a used high end player?
I can go back to spinning CDs, but figured I don’t want to give up on streaming just yet.
What are your thoughts - Auralic G1, Lumin D2, Lumin U1 Mini, or a dedicated CD transport for high quality playback. Forget convenience, let’s talk purely sound quality...thanks!

System:
Rogue RP-1, Rogue ST-100, Martin Logan Montis, Chord Qutest dac. 
128x128audphile1
“I think there are a number of inherent problems with the Mini as a streamer based on my recent findings. One is the internal Power supply. The other is the fact that it isn’t optimized for streaming music in the context of a high end system”.

@audphile1,

In my opinion, unless you get rid of mac-mini you will never experience the true potential of high resolution digital streaming. For any decent digital streaming setup you need following,

>Dedicated Audio Streamer
>DAC
>Ethernet - Streamer must be hardwired to your router for best sound.
>Streaming Service - Tidal or Qobuz
>iPad - Not necessary, you can use your phone but iPad is recommended for best app and browsing experience.

Since you already own a DAC and prefer Roon interface, I suggest you look into Lumin U1 or U1 mini. Another recommendation would Innuos Zen MKIII. Your system is pretty good so either of these streaming devices would be complementary in your system. Personally, I have been a fan of Aurender Servers but they are not compatible with Roon. Ever since I’ve upgraded from Aurender N100H to N10 5 years ago, I never felt the need to look at another server.

Like you, I do not have modem in my listening room. I am using a pair of Google Nest WiFi routers. One Wifi router plugs into your internet provider’s modem to create your Wi-Fi network. The other extends the wireless network and keeps your connection fast to connected device in room of your choice.

https://www.amazon.com/Google-Nest-WiFi-Router-Generation/dp/B07YMJ57MB/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3AW0TGLT2IQI...

Hope this helps!
I eventually gave up on the Mini as a server, and this must have been at least 6 years ago, for two reasons:
1) At the time, the usb inputs on my DAC were noticeably weaker than all of the other, leading me to experiment with reclockers, etc. that proved problematic 
2) I hated using a computer as an Audio component, with all the updates, crashes, etc

i moved to Bluesound, but after a while I had a major software problem related to failed updates and my Bluesound was M.I.A for a few months.  I went back to the Mini since I still had it, and with Audirvana Plus, and the fact that I had upgraded my DAC, was sonically happy with the results, but it is still a computer, would crash, etc.

Eventually I added a Bryston BDP3 and I’ve been messing around with a Melco N100.  Lately I’ve been using the Melco as a NAS and and playing files  from it through my Oppo, and that combination works so well I am thinking of selling off the Bryston, maybe when the economy restarts.

I want to add to this topic my experience.
I have been trough several streamers Aurender etc including new ACS10.
Last night I tried a  CD on my Luxman CD03x and magic came back after feeling for months I was missing something.
Lucky I had my CDs on storage and yes they are coming back home.
Streaming don't replace CD playback on a good player like this new Luxman. I have qobuz, tidal 
Hope if helps.

@lalitk 
yup...thought about google wifi mesh. It’s an option. The reason why Auralic Aries G1 peaked my interest is because it potentially sounds better via wifi (Darko talks about it in his review on youtube). With all the wires I already have behind the component rack, adding more is not too appealing, but I am not opposed to it being an option.
@mountainsong Lucky dog!  That looks like a nice piece and to me the perfect bridge of being able to decode the MQA stream from a Node 2(i) and also spin SACD's and CD's.  Could also serve DAC duties for the TV audio.  

How did you manage to get it so quick?  

Cheers