Subwoofer insight.

This is new territory to me. Current speakers are 2 way with frequency response of 60Hz-20KHz with +/- 2dB.  Sensitivity rated as 86dB. Chance to purchase a pair of REL 7 tis. I feel like I am missing something but will have to buy the subs to try out. My basic question is this. Does this purchase sound wise? I know what I am willing to spend but do you think I will notice an appreciable improvement.  I know that no one can listen through my ears but this is my first time doing this. Source is 75 watt integrated tube amp, McIntosh MA-2275. Thoughts appreciated. I am leaning towards going forward with the deal but would appreciate some feedback. Room is large and open, 28X38 feet with 9 foot ceilings. Thanks for any feedback.
ricmci
I take a high level output into 2 RELs from a 12wpc (or so) single ended tube amp and it works perfectly...for years...perfectly.
ever measured a voltage sweep in to the subs?

unless the speakers are resistors or crossover-less, I'll wager it's not flat.
Just watched that entire lecture.  Wasn't sure if that was Earl Geddes' theory or @ millercarbon's theory?  If I have to get a microphone and other equipment to start measuring all of this then I am in trouble. Are there any professionals out there who can be hired whom specialize in this? Not asking specifically for my area but in general.  Just like I do something specific for a fee, does this service exist? 
I have been using multiple subs in my system for 2 years and learning and improving my set up . Until today after viewing this video I was using a steeper crossover slope . I tried a 6 db per octave and like the result . The one thing that makes my system more flexible is a DSPeaker antimode 2.0 as a sub controller only for the 6 subs . I can control the crossover and volume from a remote control and do a room EQ in the LF domain