Record mishaps

Just dropped a pristine 1957 Faye Richmond Girlesque record I received from ebay on (of all places) the corner of my end table, while examining it under my table lamp. This resulted in a few what appear to be superficial scratches 🙄.....so what was pristine is now.... not so much...depressed....has anyone else ever done something stupid such as this in regards to record handling? This is a first for me. I'm hoping to play it at some point to see if the scratches are audible....its a mono record, so I think it may play ok. 
128x128audioguy85
I’ve had a number of miscues (pun intended) involving records over the years. Something tells me that over time the odds/statistics of such an event happening are somewhat inevitable. Anyway, to error is human…
Thinking back to when this record was issued, I don't think I would have had the guts to bring it up to the counter for payment!  Sorry about the mishap though.  We've all had those moments I'm afraid.
As an afterthought, I probably would have kicked the end table (thus breaking a toe) for being in the way.
I have dropped the turntable weight on a couple of records, including a MFSL Pixies Bossanova.  That hurt.  Luckily it was still in print and I was able to replace it.
More to discover