Record mishaps

Just dropped a pristine 1957 Faye Richmond Girlesque record I received from ebay on (of all places) the corner of my end table, while examining it under my table lamp. This resulted in a few what appear to be superficial scratches 🙄.....so what was pristine is now.... not so much...depressed....has anyone else ever done something stupid such as this in regards to record handling? This is a first for me. I'm hoping to play it at some point to see if the scratches are audible....its a mono record, so I think it may play ok. 
128x128audioguy85
I was in a band with a great singer (Drew Hurd, brother of Cornell Hurd of the Austin, TX Western Swing band carrying his name), who one night was playing some 1950's Jump Blues music (ya ever heard Louis Jordan, Big Jay McNeely, Chuck Higgins, or Joe Houston? Wild, baby!) on 78's. He had them spread across the floor in front of him, which he was sitting on. He leaned forward to reach for one of them, coming down on one with his knee. Crack! He picked up the 78, and said "Oh man, that was worth a lot of money." Not any more.
I’ve had a number of miscues (pun intended) involving records over the years. Something tells me that over time the odds/statistics of such an event happening are somewhat inevitable. Anyway, to error is human…
Thinking back to when this record was issued, I don't think I would have had the guts to bring it up to the counter for payment!  Sorry about the mishap though.  We've all had those moments I'm afraid.
As an afterthought, I probably would have kicked the end table (thus breaking a toe) for being in the way.
More to discover