Opinions please - Rowland 625 S2 vs Luxman M900u ?

Any thoughts on this comparison?
128x128joeinid
What an amazing time to find this thread! It's like your a mind reader;

Short story: I had a Luxman M-900U with my Dynaudio Confidence 30's and felt that it was a bit lightweight in the dynamic drive and bass authority area; Amazing clarity, presence, sense of "real life presentation" ; Turns out the speakers were mostly the issue;
I did, however, sell that amp and get a Pass INT250 which was pretty freaking amazing as far as improved "muscularity" but perhaps not as finesse in the top end or as absolutely open in the vocals as the M-900; The Pass was just a touch more reticent or laid back in these areas. Not by much though; FFWD a bit and I upgraded to Cf50 speakers and found the bass much much better than the CF30; I wanted to get back into separates and was able to get a Luxman C-900U preamp; I ran this for a good bit into the Pass INT250 and was mesmerized with the results; My thoughts were to sell the INT250 and go for X350.8 or X260.8 monos; The INT250 sold and at the same time a deal surfaced for a few months old M-900 so I wanted to try this amp one more time with the larger Dyns. It's really great; the highest performance in mids, treble, imaging and clarity in the SS amps that i've ever had in any of my systems. Very much reminds me of tube like lucidity and density;
However for my tastes I still prefer that extra bit of low level power and authority that American muscle amps seem to command; 
The dealer who is working with me loves (and the M-900) the 625 S2 and from what I read in the various forums and such it seems like it has it all; Power, grace, massive reserves, super low noise, etc.

The preamp will be the C-900; I have come across no other preamp that can do what this thing can;

Would love to hear more feedback;
Thank you, 
Dave

Dave here’s what I think FWIW. I absolutely would keep that Luxman combo intact. I do not think that the 625s2 is a superior move. I personally had no ‘weight’ issues with the Luxman and would hate to give up their all around superior attributes. If you really want more weight you could pick up a used Shunyata or two which will definitely add weight. I hate to see you count on a power cord though. Here’s a grand thought. Your C-900u has excellent tone controls. Give the bass a slight bump if you want a meatier sound. It’s probably not what you want to hear but that Luxman amp is special.
BTW I never seem to take my own advice. What cables do you use?
@4425 great thoughts; I will play around with some power cables; I have some mediocre Wire World stuff but a good friend has shipped me some stuff from Nordost, Audience, and IsoTek; I think it arrives today;

The speaker cables are Transparent Audio Super Speaker Gen5;

I do use and LOVE the C-900 tone controls; Can't live without, lol;

I hear you 100% on not heeding one's own advice;
The M-900 has some super incredible traits and if I could flush out some fullness and power drive in the lower area, I would hit the brakes full on.

Hey Dave, for what you are looking to accomplish with your system and way you like it, if you are looking at power cords, try Triode Wire Labs Obsession NCF power cords. You will be surprised. In the grand scheme of things, they are not terribly expensive either. You will thank me later ;-)
one thing dave that i can tell you from experience in house. the shunyata Alpha NR is definitely ripe/full  in the bass region. still i would think that the bass tone control should get it done. i think it’s centered at 100hz which is perfect for fullness.