Can anyone identify this speaker cable?

Hello and thank for your help!

I tried to insert a picture here, but I could not figure out how to do it, so I will explain the speaker cable as best I can.

I recently received two 15' runs of cable as a gift, the previous owner found them stashed away and has no recollection as to what they are. I measured the cable to be 16 AWG Gold plated copper maximum twist wire, the insulation is clear and almost seems to be nothing more than a very light coating of something covering each wire of the twisted pair. I measured the resistance end to end and it came out to be 0.0005 ohms, the same as shorting my meter leads together. Lastly, the wire is fairly stiff.

I have not yet inserted the cable into my system because it would be a major pain and I'm not sure 16AWG wire is a sufficient interface between my Krell Amp and Sonus Faber speakers. I am concerned about this light of a wire handling the current demands at elevated listening levels. 

Any ideas as to my description? Can anyone tell me how to get a picture in here? Is this a good cable?

Thanks! 
grm
Hello,

Yes, the wire is very stiff. What is magnet wire? The original owner of the cable said he purchased it on-line from some cable place?? It was so long ago he does not remember the manufacturer. And yes I agree, the terminations suggest garage enthusiast manufacturing.

Is this decent stuff worth the hassle of trying??

Thanks to all!
If you live in any kind of urban environment, this cable will act just like an antenna and pickup every stray wave. The negative is your treble sounding hard and possibly dry (lacking sweetness).
This is also true around a military base.
I always use shielded speaker wire.
I would use speaker cable that has a larger gauge than 16 AWG, especially if you are using a powerful amp and a distance past 4 or 5 feet.