Power Conditioner: Isotek, Audioquest or other?

Hello,

I know a lot of you do not like or believe in power conditioners. But I want to protect my system and improve sound and video quality.

I am trying to decide between the ISOTEK evo3 Aquarious and the Audioquest Niagara 1200 for my main system. I have read good reviews about them both, asked a couple of shops and one recomended the Niagara and the other the Isotek. Both gave the same reason: "it souds better".

First system: Power amp, preamp/dac, tv, computer, computer motitor, ruter, nas. (Probably will plug the last 4 on a different power strip)

For my second system, I am thinking about the Audioquest Powerquest 3, but I can not find any reviews. So, can any one tell me about their experience with it? I am open to other sugestions also.

Second system: Power amp, preamp, network player/dac, tv, computer and network switch. (These will all be plugged in to the Powerquest for example). I also like the powerquest3 because of the on off switch. I do not use this system as much so I like to cut the power off completly.

If you need specifics on my systems, I will give no problem.
Right now I am using 2 Salicru safe7 surge protectors, they are cheapos and probably not the best in protection or for my system.

Thanks.

coto37
Hi,

Thanks for all your responses.

I think the "sweet spot" PS audio P15 is not that much of a sweet spot for me. Too expensive...

I do try to look at Furman, but can not seem to find as many models with schucko plugs than with the USA plugs?

By the way Redphu72, how do you know you had a ground loop? Is there a specific way of knowing?

No one seems to have the Powerquest3 review yet... Is it something not worht the time? it has been out on the market for over a year at least I think...

Things seem to make me incline choosing the Niagara 1200, it is 800€ cheaper than the Isotek maybe that difference in price is not a 800€ difference in quality. I wonder if any will pop out second hand for a better price....

A question that maybe you can help me understand. Audioquest does not seem to like it or know what to answer. They never respond to it:

As AQ say in their website, their Powerquest3 and Niagara 1200 withstand multiple surges of a maximun of 6000V/3000A Non sacrifitial. So I understand with this, that the AQ will hold that kind of surge no problems. I know they say also that it is the maximun that the main building electrical box can take with no damage.
But what if a higher surge gets to my system? Will the AQ Niagara or Powerquest be destroyed to protect my equipment? (Non sacrifitial being up to 6000V/3000A) or would my equipment die too?

I live in Spain, not many storms where I live. I never even had one of these cheap surge protectors die. But just wondering how that worked exactly, and you never know what could happen in the future...

Thanks.
I live in S Florida where summers are long and brutal on the electric system. Brown Outs are fairly common, begging the question how stable can the juice be before and after?

I have lived in this home over 25 years. Way back in the beginning I had a 20amp dedicated line installed. Over the decades I have tried Furman, Balanced Audio, PS Audio Premier Power Plant, and a few I don't recall. The best so far is a Equi-Core 1800 and soon will be adding a Deep Core, but my amp sounds better direct to the wall