Merlin TSM with Shindo 25 watt amp

Anyone using Merlins with Shindo amps? I am considering the pairing, but it seems somewhat uncommon. Anyone with experience with the amp/speaker combo? Bobby from Merlin is convinced that it would work. I have a mid-large size room and listen at moderate levels most of the time.
lowens
I don't think "loudness" should be the only criteria here. Although I've never heard the TSMs, the Devore Super 8s that I used to have were also 87 dB. Sure they played loud and I never had to crank up the volume too high, but although they are a fine sounding speaker, I always felt that there was a little something missing... dynamics! I think this is where higher efficiency speakers really shine with lower powered tube gear. I later moved to Coral Beta 8s that are 100+ dB and they are a bit more snappy and have more bottome end. IMO they're a great match for my Shindo Montille amp. Just something to think about.
m8, lower efficent speakers can be as dynamic as heck if they are extremely linear and continuous sounding. in this way you can hear the correct balance between the micros and macros.
jmtc.
bobby at merlin
I have used TSMs with a Sugden A21a 25W amp, and a leben CS600 30W amp both in a 14 x 12x10 room.power has really not been an issue so long ( i sit 8 feet away)
Mikeyc8,

I don't think "loudness" should be the only criteria here.

Agreed. I should have said something like, "plenty of slam and dynamics." :-)