Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

These came from Thiel Audio after the move and sell out ,
they were shipped to Tenn. and put into storage .
When the new Thiel went bankrupte they sold the CS 1.7s and 2.7s
they had along with one 3.7 on E-bay .
Serial #s 329 & 330 .

vair68robert

Thank You for sharing your wiring project and citing the serial numbers.

Happy Listening!

Rob - I can only speculate. Rob Gillum would know if your wiring was stock or not, since all the 2.7s were built by him in Lexington. I suggest that you query Rob and report back to us what you learn.
Out of curiosity, this question is probably for Tom. As all of Thiel designs using a angled-baffle, do they all have the same angle? What would you say the average angle of the baffle?

I’ve found that about 8 degree has worked well for me.
Andy - the baffle angles are similar because the design parameters are similar. But each takes its own particulars into consideration and yields a slightly different resultant angle. Notice that some models have slight wave-guides which differ from one driver and model to another, determined by target radiation pattern to equalize power response through the crossover. Also, distance between drivers makes a difference. Bottom line is whatever angle produces co-temporaneous arrival time at the design target (about 10' out x 3'up x 10° off axis). The CS2.2 has about 11° baffle tilt, others more and less.