what's your opinion on the magazine 'stereo review'??

i started reading 'stereo review' back in the early 70's untill they retired. i used to buy their magazine every month. whatever i know about stereo equipment is what i've read in their magazine! any thoughts after all these years???
128x128g_nakamoto
Stereo Review was a fraud. Back in the late 70's SR commissioned  Dr. Larry Greenhill and the Audiophile Society (of which I participated) of NY to test & compare A/B testing of speaker wire. There were 10 testers which most of us could determine which wire was being played. Some of us were 10 for 10 identifying what wire wad being played. The Stereo Review article said we as a group could not identify the difference in the wire, which we clearly did.
I think i remember that article in SR about speaker wire--would be distressing to know they lied.  As to few negative reviews, i remember Hirsch and Holt both responding to that accusation by saying that the vast majority of equipment they review is pre-screened in order to decide what to review and they only wanted to review good products--so if you never saw a review for an item it might not have made the cut.  Kind of makes sense as they obviously couldn't review everything.  SR's philosophy seemed to be to review only products that were "affordable" which is why i enjoyed it back when i had no money--it always seemed to me that they were trying to tell you what the best affordable equipment was.  S&V seems to have the same philosophy but i checked out of that rag when it became more V than S-or so it seemed.  And then i discovered the crack that is Stereophile and TAS and my wallet got pounded pretty hard...
I enjoyed Stereo Review and High Fidelity. I also enjoy Stereophile and Absolute Sound but I don't believe much they say.Here's a free magazine from Germany I like: https://stereo-magazine.com/
SR and Hi-Fidelity were my mainstay mags in the mid/late-70s. Bought my first system (JVC 100/Kenwood KD-1003 turntable/Ohm Model E speakers) based on the equipment reviews at the time. Added in a Teac top-load tape deck to complete the ensemble.
Eventually SR underwent an owership/staff change in the mid-80s as I recall and the overall quality slid down the trash chute. By that time I was reading Audio and the little mag called TAS
Hey when UK was a teenager I would go to the corner newspaper store after School .Have a Choclate Sunday and read Stereo Reviews and Penthouse or Play Boy was good to when they had here yearly Stereo review..