Victor TT 801

Hi all.
Anyone own it?
Has it ever been necessary to carry out a recap or suffered a failure and carry out the calibration or repair without a service manual available in the world?
128x128best-groove
Bestie, Yes, the TT101 is much more complex electrically than a TT81. That was the point of my last post.  Since Chak is a thorough researcher, I would suppose he is correct about the TT81 innards.  But there is a third possibility: it may be TT101-like but use more ICs where the TT101 used discrete transistors.  That would be one way they may have reduced the interior space needed for the TT101-like circuit, in order to fit the vacuum system.  For that you need a smart person.  I recommend JP Jones, to be found at Fidelis Analog.
just curious, do you have one, or thinking about buying one? working? not working?
just curious, do you have one, or thinking about buying one? working? not working?

Elliott, i have two of them, both working 33/45 and been tested for 3 days constantly (nonstop) all the way on both speed. The one in original plinth for two tonearms must go somehow to a new owner, i just don't need so many turntables, my favorite are still Luxman PD-444, so i can't put another two Victor near my racks anyway. I bought original small plinth for one of them and i want to keep one. Hard times anyway. 

I think every Victor can be calibrated and recapped, mine are fully original, no one touched it. A qualified vendors prefer to work with fully original units when it's time to fix something. 

• just curious, do you have one, or thinking about buying one? working? not working?

I own it, as I own a freshly restored TT-71 and a TT-101 which I have not yet managed to make it work as originally.
    The TT-801 works (I don’t own the TS1 pump) but I’m a crazy perfectionist and before starting to use it I wanted to exclude any kind of problem starting from the recap and then replacing the 4558 chips because in case of failure they make disasters to the whole turntable .