Victor TT 801

Hi all.
Anyone own it?
Has it ever been necessary to carry out a recap or suffered a failure and carry out the calibration or repair without a service manual available in the world?
128x128best-groove

Showing 7 responses by chakster

just curious, do you have one, or thinking about buying one? working? not working?

Elliott, i have two of them, both working 33/45 and been tested for 3 days constantly (nonstop) all the way on both speed. The one in original plinth for two tonearms must go somehow to a new owner, i just don't need so many turntables, my favorite are still Luxman PD-444, so i can't put another two Victor near my racks anyway. I bought original small plinth for one of them and i want to keep one. Hard times anyway. 

I think every Victor can be calibrated and recapped, mine are fully original, no one touched it. A qualified vendors prefer to work with fully original units when it's time to fix something. 

Yeah, it's definitely not at TT-101, it's TT-81 with vacuum pump if i remember correct. 
I can email you service manual for TT-101
If you need service you have to ship it to UK to ex Victor JVC repair shop, i can share an email if you need. 

@dickson despite the vacuum pump what is actually better in TT-801 compared to TT-101 , is that audible ? Just curious 
@lewm maybe i was wrong, but simplified circuit and model number speaks for itself. Also i remember some other users posted that it's closer to TT-81 or almost identical. Since i never owned TT-81 or 801 i'm not sure. But i have two TT-101 and i never heard there was a better model than TT-101. 

We need more information.