Rega P10 v Complete rebuild Garrard 401!

I currently have a Rega P3 that I’m generally happy with, but looking to upgrade and I’m in two minds.  Go old school with Garrard 401 or keep with new tech and get a P10.  Both are well regarded and there are plenty of individual reviews.  However I’ve not been able to find a comparative analysis (not really expecting to) so i thought i would ask here.  It would be paired with a Line Magnetic 508ia tub amp and Harbeth HL5 plus speakers.  
I listen to a wide range of music, from classic jazz, funk, soul and classic rock but admittedly i spend the majority of my vinyl time listening to thinks like Bowie, the Smiths, New Order, A Certain Ratio, Chameleons or similar.  
Any counsel?   
gunners01
Gunner,
I would strongly consider that $3500 rebuild on US Audio Mart that was linked in a previous post. The open plinth is not ideal but the amount of rebuild seems pretty good. And the rebuild and plinth appears to be well thought out and good quality. I would try to talk with the seller and, maybe, make a good offer considerably less than asking.
As mentioned, I feel lucky to have found that beautiful Woodsong 301 with the Ortofon 309 you mentioned. If you have indeed found a 309 for $2500 that is a good deal and you could have a very nice 301 rig for $6k. Maybe think of getting into a better plinth as a future upgrade, or not. If you went this way, I would definitely upgrade your phono stage and get something like a lower line Ortofon MC cartridge for $500 to $1000. OR, be patient and wait for a nicely rebuilt 301 with arm to show up on the Audio Mart or Audiogon. I would not buy a used cartridge unless you factor in a stylus retipping. One last thing is that I believe the main difference between a 301 and a 401 is the cosmetic. Personally, I much prefer the more rounded, classic look of the 301. Especially with a good rebuild, the tonal difference between the two tables is small.
If you wait, as I did, you may be rewarded by finding a beautiful Garrard. However, nice rebuilt rigs are few and far between. I only secured mine because the seller had medical problems. Again, check out that 301 with the open plinth!
Mglik.
I thought that open plinth 301 was very fair for the money.
Indeed if I had the spare cash it might be sitting next to my 401.....

Which is why I posted the link to begin with, the open plinth not to everyone taste but it also had capability for two arms. A nice mono and stereo setup would be possible.
I just went through listings on audio mart and do not see a Garrard 301 or 401.  Lots of Linn LP12 and some good Thorens.  
Thanks.  It’s very tempting.  But by the time i add a tone arm and cart I’m w/in a stones throw if a “new” Woodsong. 
I really appreciate everyone’s help and insights.  Seriously great community.