How does this make sense, any sense? Any sense at all??

I was just looking at Stereophile's  recommended components, for speakers. 
Within the Class A restricted extreme low frequencies category are:
KEF LS50 at $1500  and
Wilson Sasha at $38,000.
Why would you pay 38 grand when you can get the same category for 1500?  Why I say?

Even worse!!!
In the full range Class B category we have the KEF Ref. 5 at $20,000.
Why would you wanna pay $20,000 for a speaker that is outclassed by the same family (KEF LS50) at a fraction of the price?
How does this make any sense????
Stereophile, seriously.  Let 'er rip homie. 

shtinkydog
Do you live in a dilapidated trailer and tell your friends that its the same as a $5,000,000 custom home?

Do you not understand the difference between a 1984 Le Baron and a 2020 Porsche?  Or are they the same because the have tires and an engine?

Is Natural Ice as good as Chimay?

Are you able to tell the difference in quality in anything or is it just Speakers that are all the same?

Are you able to tell the difference in quality in anything or is it just Speakers that are all the same?
Does the $50k speaker have a flatter frequency response than a $100 speaker? What does the former do that the latter does not? Why dont you stop beating about the bush and show us the measurements as evidence?
I think class rating also factors in price and value. Part of the reason ls50 is in class a is because it's a great value and probably better than most speakers in its price category. 
Sorry but a pair of KEF LS50s with any amp and any sub will not match most anything. Not even close IMO.

kenjit said: " Why would you buy an expensive watch costing $50K when you can get one for $10? "

Because there is a market for them, they have much higher margins so much fewer need to be sold and people with means don’t want a $10.00 watch. If you had the money, chances are you would buy more expensive stuff too.