Rega P10 v Complete rebuild Garrard 401!

I currently have a Rega P3 that I’m generally happy with, but looking to upgrade and I’m in two minds.  Go old school with Garrard 401 or keep with new tech and get a P10.  Both are well regarded and there are plenty of individual reviews.  However I’ve not been able to find a comparative analysis (not really expecting to) so i thought i would ask here.  It would be paired with a Line Magnetic 508ia tub amp and Harbeth HL5 plus speakers.  
I listen to a wide range of music, from classic jazz, funk, soul and classic rock but admittedly i spend the majority of my vinyl time listening to thinks like Bowie, the Smiths, New Order, A Certain Ratio, Chameleons or similar.  
Any counsel?   
gunners01
I picked up a new old stock (NOS) 401 on eBay from Germany (old EMI stores) about 10 years ago or so; built my own plinth and added a Scheu Tacco tonearm with Dynavector Karat cartridge.  This replaced a Planar 3, which was given to my daughter.  Have never been inclined to upgrade from the 401, and it'll undoubtedly still be running when I am not!
@gunners01 If you decide on the 401, maybe run what you are getting and for how much by us first. Not sure what Woodsong do to restore one but I do know AudioGrail tears down the table to pieces and cleans, replaces rubbers amd springs and bushings, and strips the poisonous cadmiun from the linkages.
After having used a Thorens TD-125 and a SOTA Sapphire [with vacuum] for a number of years, I decided to pull out an old Garrard 301 I had, build a "floating" plinth for it using my Souther Linear Tracking arm with a "Helikon SL" cartridge, and can say that I have no plans to look any further.   I was amazed that a "vintage" table could perform so well. It is without a doubt the most satisfying sound I've ever achieved from the analogue end of my system.  My subwoofers [Linkwitz "Orion" loudspeakers] show no sign of complaint.  I highly recommend either the Garrard 301 or 401 as your choice.  I don't think you'll be disappointed ---------- 
thanks again noromance.   Right now I'm a strong lean to the 401.   I'm trying to closely match the wood veneer of my Harbeth HL5 Plus speakers in "tiger ebony".  As ebony is not cheap, a woodsong ebony plinth is $3800.  gulp.  thinking ortofon AS 309 tone arm and a Hana HL cart.  Trying to source a 401 for 1k, estimated $750 for rebuild, + $3,800 for plinth, Hana EL probably $500 and ortofon AS 309 probably $2500 so all in its estimated to be $8500 ish.   same price as the SkyFi (work done by AudioGrail in UK.
Can you reach out to Jim Campbell? He's a lot cheaper. My 1/2" solid walnut topped and maple birch ply cost $800.