Emotiva not so good

Emotiva amps are good until you hear another brand in the same space.
golferadam
I tried a few Emotiva amps and found them to be inexpensive amps that do inexpensive things well. I get tied of companies that sell their products as something they're not - that’s it. They use the word audiophile and I feel that this is misleading.
Can't speak about the amps but the new Emotiva ERC-4 CDP/DAC sounds rich and full in my system. 
I was buying some speakers off Craigs . Got to this guys house and he started giving me prices I knew were well under the market value for a Emotiva XSP-1 and Paradigm speakers as well . Also a NHT class D amp . I figured I could flip the gear so bought the whole lot . As I was walking out the door he threw a pair of almost new Audioquest speaker wires on the stack for free .
Long story short the Emotiva is getting some use in the main rig . It seems ruler flat and dead quiet , both attributes I like in a preamp . Think I paid $350 for it $1200 retail .
My main concern,
was,  and still is the high gain, of them, they made my tweeters have a slight hiss and more during quiet passages. 
 May have talked poorly in the past. ONLY for the poor customer service they have had in regards to sending in a warranty on a new CD player, and a b-stock CD player being sent to a bunch of people.
for a full price purchase, send out a new unit, not a b stock, or a repaired unit.  
 They make great starter stuff, or a great HT setup, as far as musical stuff, they are ok, and most will not notice, anything poor of their sound.  Most purchasers have never heard a Mac with b&w, or levinson with paradigm, etc etc......

for,those, it’s all cool, if emotiva makes you happy, with SEPERATES,  hell yes, enjoy!!
  I’ve come a long way since my first xpa-1 monos’
    Mine are boxed up and waiting to hand them down.

its very descent audio gear.  I’ve heard their speakers are great, and comparable to the Martin Logan series xt? 40’s and 60’s models, that is saying something!

their main issue is repair, customer service, warranty work, etc etc.  
which should be much better! Maybe they have changed in past few years, from what I’ve heard they need help in that department, for sure 

golferadam
 OP
3 posts
03-16-2020 2:28pm
My buddy goheelz...there is always one like you to starts with the name calling so maybe you are the troll.

Don't be shy put a name to it who's a friggin troll? I don't know what a troll is? I know people TROLL celebrities. We have any here? You know celebrities? Who's calling names? Emotiva's just sound BAD, to me
HT is not a big thing in my house, sorry guys' shell shocked. Booms and bangs I'm looking for cover. That's where I heard them, HT environment.
From my OLD Mac tube gear to Emotiva. Well let's just say, it (EMOTIVA) had a LONG way to go for my music lovin' ears. 

Comparing any Emotiva product to Mcintosh is like comparing a 64 VW beetle to a Rolls-Royce silver shadow. Suppose you could paint them the same color. ay? HAVE to have hearing loss. MUD comes to mind.
A lot of folks just can't hear the difference, simple. Sure less expensive no doubt.  No thanks..

I didn't dislike their CD players, or power conditioners. + 2 ay..
Speakers, I was running....Though nice looking..

Respectfully and with regard, I think...