what's your opinion on the magazine 'stereo review'??

i started reading 'stereo review' back in the early 70's untill they retired. i used to buy their magazine every month. whatever i know about stereo equipment is what i've read in their magazine! any thoughts after all these years???
128x128g_nakamoto
I kind of agree with Julian Hirsch now that I think about it. Most amps sound equally bad. Am I allowed to say that? I also think he was probably open-minded. Just because someone expresses an opinion you don’t agree with doesn’t necessarily make that person narrow-minded. 
Julian Hirsch who reviewed all the equipment in Stereo Review said openly that all amps that measure the same, sound the same. Let that sink in. He did more to damage our hobby then help it because of his narrow minded beliefs.

Right. Because of this one dim old POC I missed out on years and years of audio improvement. Even when I finally built my Listening Room, because of him it took me a good two years to figure out just how dead wrong he was.

Because of him I brought my Magnavox CDB 650 to Definitive to compare, because he had told me they all sound the same. Because of him I did the same with a Dynaco ST400. And do you have any idea how much work that was, dragging that thing around? But I take my sound quality seriously. When I did the same with a patch cord and heard how much better even a cheap interconnect can be that was it.

Even today, just look how many poor misguided souls still don’t get the importance of wire. The importance of listening- and of learning to listen! Even today, just look around, all the poor lost souls, mindless as any zombie, trudging blindly along only instead of brains brains their vocabulary is full of equally vacuous tech word salad. This is all the legacy of Julian Hirsch. Haunts us to this very day.

I kind of agree with Julian Hirsch now that I think about it.

The final nail.
Who is open minded and who is closed minded? That is the question. Thanks for playing, millercarbon. 🤗
“Who is open minded and who is closed minded? That is the question. Thanks for playing, millercarbon”

@geoffkait, you nailed it! 👏