Class D is just Dandy!

I thought it was time we had a pro- Class D thread. There's plenty of threads about comparisons, or detractors of Class D.

That's fine, you don't have to like Class D amps, and if you don't please go participate on one of those threads.

For those of us who are very happy and excited about having musical, capable amps that we can afford to keep on 24/7 and don't require large spaces to put them in, this thread is for you.

Please share your experiences with class D amps!
erik_squires
Thanks to all of the recent kind words.  As pointed out, I can't believe this thread is really 3 years old. I can't believe we are still reading and dismissing the same old arguments.

I hope to read more about what new products have come out recently worth listening to.
heaudio ,
Slope on the edged is not caused by phase shift, it is caused by bandwidth limiting.
Oh dear! Which is caused by the output filter which and causes phase shift and yes if you must have that included, "bandwidth limiting" as that’s what the filter is there to do, without bandwidth limiting you have no phase shift!!!! please get it right.

heaudio This is another ClassD no filter with a bit of overshoot likely due to underdamping also indicating from a frequency response peak.
You really need to do some more understanding, JA used his high order special testing output filters because he didn't yet have the Audio Precision's auxiliary AUX-0025 passive low-pass testing filter, which eliminates noise    

Stereophile
Audio Precision sells a precision passive low-pass filter to be used between the output of an amplifier with a class-D output stage and an Audio Precision analyzer. Unfortunately, I have not yet upgraded my test system with one of these filters, so to examine the MX-D1's performance at low signal levels, I used an active sixth-order low-pass filter with a 20kHz bandwidth and a floating input.

@H2Oaudio nailed the crux of the matter on the proverbial head. Like amps of other topologies, some class D amps do sound extraordinary... The Rowland Daemon integrated that I am reviewing is definitely one of these. It is already trending to sound extraordinary, after just a little more than 300 hours of break-in.

G.

Post removed 
Post removed