Beware of NAD M3 Fire Hazard

My $3k NAD M3 started shooting sparks out the top and burned the shelf that was 8" above. Luckily I was home and not sleeping or the house would have burned down. If anyone has one of these I advise them to unplug it when not in use. I took it to two different repair shops and they said it would be about $800 to just get it running and there may be board issues. They advised not to take the gamble. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with it?
pwb
Consider sending it to the Hydraulic Press guy channel on You Tube and ask for some $$ when he makes thousands from the subscribers; People send him all kinds of stuff; Very entertaining and it’s for science.

I’ve had some equipment over the years I would have loved to send him;

I can't believe that happened to you; Did you buy it new? How freaking scary!

Or you could throw it from a great height onto a trampoline. Or hey I know, shoot it with a sniper rifle from a mile away! If you do this remember, one camera and mic on the rifle, another high speed on the NAD. 

Or wait! Even better! Hook it up with some sparklers and stuff and recreate the event. First go down to Goodwill, pick up a rack and some stereo gear for like $5, make a video of the whole thing burning down. Not sparkling, burning down. Like you went out to check the mail and left the camera running. Then go down and shoot video of the local fire department. Put it all together so it looks like NAD burned your house down. Email a copy to NAD. Ask about their warranty, and oh by the way would you be interested in commenting before I post this on youtube?
@ pwb

Odd the AC line safety fuse did not blow. The fuse should have blown protecting the unit from becoming a fire hazard. Is the AC Line fuse the original OEM fuse that came with the amp?

If it is the original OEM fuse I suggest you contact NAD service Tech support.

Jim

Have you removed the ground pin?
If not, check that your socket is correctly wired.