Vivaldi, played badly, is the worst classical music on earth

I thought I hated Vivaldi, the Four Seasons especially, but then I heard an absolutely sublime recording.... sadly I don't remember who the composer or orchestra was.
erik_squires
Gaaaah!!! Yes, of course I meant conductor.

I have my headphones on listening to doctors on MSNBC discuss when to run to the hospital.  Sorry!
But what I mean is, there's a lot of other composers (checks, yes, I meant composer) whom I seem to tolerate a wide range of performances. I can't really tell what a great performance is vs. mediocre.

I can't even really tell you why Vivaldi recordings are good or bad... but man, my hears have a preference!!
I really like Max Richter, a neo-classical composer who released "Recomposed By Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons" back in 2012.

But how someone can "hate" Vivaldi, I can't understand. Since I value your insights Eric, I will re-listen to some Vivaldi to see if there's anything to hate. ;)

t.
You mean Baroque period of music, not "Classical"
Let's be detailed, like the audio geeks we are.

Vivaldi is NOT  from the "Classical" period, which is 2 time periods  AFTER Baroque.

Classical is Haydn, Mozart and Ludwig V.

Big Vivaldi/Bach fan here... Best part is easy,cheap finds in the bins-the good stuff

Carry on...
with Baroque some love, and some struggle with,  the different sound of original instruments and tunings vs Baroque played on modern instruments