Questions about using audiogon to sell 1st time

I’ve read over all material I could find and looked up forums on the matter etc, but thought I’d also ask here just to get more info and clarification. Is PayPal required? I honestly have never used PayPal when I sell my expensive stuff every 4-5 years for upgrades.....but all I could find is yes it’s mandatory....which is awful as absolutely 0 seller protection and buyers use it as a rental service. 2nd how long does an ad last since were paying to place it on site I would assume a few months, but idk. Lastly, is worth selling something on audiogon if it’s only 2200$ or so or would u only sell the higher priced items here bc of the audio community? Sorry for all the questions but I wanted to acquire more info and clarification on all these matters before I place an ad, I’ve had absolutely 0 luck elsewhere which is strange as b&w d3 series maintains its value...which is why I’m looking at audiogon as my last alternative.

thsnks and I hope I can get the info I need, will be placing an ad on audiogon most likely tomorrow once i get some more info.
tkwdv34
That's exactly what happened. It doesn't make any sense to me; the dealer was not in my state and the item isn't sold in my state. But--thanks for the explanation.
This guy sounds like a peach.  I’ve learned my lesson selling and buying from people like this.  

You ought to try Craigsist bro, see how that works out for ya!

Get a quote from TMR is my advice, have the pony express drop you a check off
@northman...……………………..

PayPal is obligated under federal law to forward the money to whichever state they collected the tax for.   Amazon always charges me sales tax since last year but never did before that.  It is just a way for the States to bilk yet even more money out of us consumers
"...also buyer feedback would require me to sell things which I rarely do..guess I’m out of luck then."

OP, yes and with this sort of attitude I suggest you sell your stuff on your local Craigslist with cash only. Good luck.