Active line level crossover with subwoofer out - HELP

Hi.

Helping my friend with another challenge. 
Looking for a line level crossover. His preamp does not have a subwoofer out.

What he wants to do is have a high pass filter between the preamp and his power amp. This so his Spendor BC1’s are spared anything below 40 or 50hz. And, the crossover needs a low pass filter to spare the subwoofer the high frequencies. 
Thoughts? 
Thanks!
perkri
So for an analog solution get din to RCA w splitter and put the analog hipass before the main speaker amp. No EQ but you stay 100% analog.

relatively inexpensive and not complex after initial setup.

must know input impedence of main power amp to calculate/set xover frequency.

best

jim
Which Quad preamp ? Can rummage thru my box of toys, I know I have the AQ splitters in Seattle, would loan ya but I am not dying to do so... ha
perkri OP
I suspect, that the RCA Y-Splitter will cause an impedance imbalance
At 300ohms output impedance the Quad 33 should be good to go

perkri OP
And I would need a DIN plug to 2 RCA’s - Pre is a Quad 33 :)
Plenty of these around on ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/AUDIOPHILE-4-PIN-DIN-PLUG-TO-2x-RCA-PHONO-PLUGS-CABLE-QUAD-33-44-303-405-1M/120570590087?epid=2229645602&hash=item1c12913387:g:gE4AAOxyyF5RQNWY

Cheers George

Thanks! This will require some more research! If this works, I could feed the preamp out to a DIY splitter box, and put the high pass line level filter to the amp, and the straight signal to the sub all inside a nice looking box.

Hmmmmm...

Try this:

Outlaw Audio ICBM-1 Bass Management System

I believe it does all you need at a reasonable cost. There's one on usaudiomart.com. Just make sure the power supply is to original specs as some may have replaced it with a cheaper generic.