Hunt for new floor standers

Having sold my speakers, I’m in the hunt for a new pair of floor standers. I’m stepping up my game from the PSB Silver i’s that I had for years. I’d be interested in hearing from fellow Audiogoners about their suggestions for 2 channel, audio only towers. I’d like good bass response and prefer not to invest in a sub. Having said that, high end clarity is a must as well. Currently I’m using a tubed Rogue Super Magnum 99 preamp and a SS Belles 150A Hot Rod amp. In short time I may opt out of the Belles amp but for now it’s stays. I’ve auditioned the KEF R700 and the Sonus Faber Chameleons and liked them both but I’m not sure how either would play with my rig. My budget allows for mid $2K max and I’m OK with used equipment that’s been well taken care of. Insightful input is appreciated.
axspike
You shouldn’t overlook the Tannoy XT8F. Not a lot of dealers and therefore harder to audition, but totally in love with mine. Really punch above their weight. In the mid $2k new. 
Some respected audio reviewer I can’t remember heard them and thought they had to be at least $10k+. He considered them a real find. 
@axspike there is one is the best hi-fi stores I've ever been to in Sarasota but everything they sell is way outside your budget I believe. Suncoast Audio, if you want to look it up.
@jnehma1 

I agree Mike's store is like a candy shop but nothing there inside the OP's mid $2000's budget. 
I've heard the same thing about SA. I'm in the "Festivus for the rest of us" budget...

There are so many great floorstanders out there and it never stops or even pauses, and I’ve owned my share...Vandys, KEFs, Viennas, Silverlines, etc., and for decades enjoyed them all with amps up to 250wpc...I became curious about Klipsch Heresy IIIs to use with my 12wpc tube amp, and although the "drivers in a tallish box" world of competing designs of 86 to 90db efficiency will never cease to enthrall many, I doubt that I’ll ever go back to anything but efficient, well designed horn loaded systems. For me there’s no contest...my current Heresy IIIs simply astonish with clarity and coherence, and the new Heresy IVs are likely in my future. Smallish slanted boxes on the floor mated with a couple of powered subs took me right out of the world of inefficient sameness...done. Who knew?