Squashed(?) LRS

Hi folks,

I took delivery of my new Magnepan LRS today and noticed that one of the speakers looks like something pressed the outer cloth into the panel on the front side.

The cloth is actually stuck to the ribbon behind.
About 2 - 3 inches in from the each of the edges is where the cloth is pressed flat against the ribbons.

Magnepan is closed for the weekend. I left messages with both Eric Norgaarden and the main number about this.

Should I not hook up and play them?
Worried about damage from the cloth being stuck over such a large area (~80%).

Thanks
hleeid
Is there a volume setting/range for breaking in?  Is it good to keep changing the volume during break in?  Like varying engine rpm breaking in a new motorcycle? 

Filtering through all the debates about break in, white/pink noise, etc. when googling can be quite daunting!

60%-70% of the volume you would normally critically listen to them at.  Just use a constant volume setting, no need to raise or lower it.

Play music.  No need for a test or burn-in CD with sweeps.  Music works best.
Hleeid:  $650?  I was under the impression that Magnepan’s cost thousands of dollars.  I spent several hundred more than you did for conventional towers.  

Enjoy your new speakers — looks like you have some nice equipment there.  I hope to hear some in the not-too-distant future.  
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  How exactly does the fabric come into contact with the panel during shipping?  Does that mean that part of the packaging was pressing against the fabric that was in turn pressing on the panel?  That does not seem very good for the panel at all and seems like pretty poor packaging.  I would be very concerned about how much pressure the packaging put on the panel during shipping if that's how it all occurs.
@bob540 - Yeah, these are the LRS. The only Magnepans selling for under $1000 USD I believe. If you’ve never heard Magnepans before, I strongly urge you to.

I have a small room (10 x 12 minus closet space) and am really amazed with these speakers.

If you have the room (as I wish I did), I’m sure the larger models will amaze even more. I have heard older 1.6 and 2.6 versions in audiophile shop listening rooms. But most everything in there was impressive.

First time enjoying them (smaller versions) in my own home without the expensive room treatments and mortgage worthy running gear.

Good luck (and Good Listening!) with your not-too-distant future equipment!
More to discover