Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
It was the Adcom GCD75(I think). It had an A-B button to repetition of any section of a track that you wanted. The FIRST time I saw a CD was in '86(I was 25 at the time). There was a girl that lived across the street that I was trying to "Get Busy" with. When i saw the silver disc, she said "Watch this" and threw it across the room. To my amazement, it played perfectly when inserted in the CDP.
Anyone remember an M.S. Brassfield mod of a Phillips (CDB-465 & other models?) from 1987? ACI (the Jaguar speaker folks, in Wisconsin I believe) distributed it. I had one then & really enjoyed it at the time.
I looked it up and the Sony Discman I had was a CD-2. I believe it was the second-generation Discman. I purchased it in 1986.

AFter that, I had a JVC player with, I believe, the one-bit "MASH" DAC. I had it for many years (nine?) until I replaced it with an NAD 512 in 1997. That was a huge upgrade in sound. I am still using the NAD as a transport for my Musical Fidleity X-DACv3.
Post removed