Do You Remember Your First CD Player?

I had owned the first of the first. I purchased the unit in 1982. It was a Sony CDP 101. It was the most obnoxious, raspy, annoying, piercing, grading, non-musical component I had ever heard.

Also, at the time, the complete CD library that was available consisted of about 15 CDs.

Now? I listen to my newest CD rig more than I listen to my turntable. My, how times have changed.

What was your first CD player and when did you purchase it?
128x128buscis2
Anyone remember an M.S. Brassfield mod of a Phillips (CDB-465 & other models?) from 1987? ACI (the Jaguar speaker folks, in Wisconsin I believe) distributed it. I had one then & really enjoyed it at the time.
I looked it up and the Sony Discman I had was a CD-2. I believe it was the second-generation Discman. I purchased it in 1986.

AFter that, I had a JVC player with, I believe, the one-bit "MASH" DAC. I had it for many years (nine?) until I replaced it with an NAD 512 in 1997. That was a huge upgrade in sound. I am still using the NAD as a transport for my Musical Fidleity X-DACv3.
Post removed 
Mine was a Sony Discman bought for like 350.00 in the late 80's...thought I was in heaven, and pretty cool too,nobody else had the Diacman for still some time after I had mine..now it can be had for like $10 and it probably sounds better lol