You could work for any manufacturer, past or present...

If you had a chance to work with anyone related to audio, pro or home, spend time in the workshop, go to the shows and sell it, who would it be?

erik_squires
Whoever invented and was making those small suitcase looking record players used for playing 45 rpm singles. They provided more people more fun than the most expensive systems ever could. Lo-fi, hi-fun. In second place whoever invented the transistor radio you borrowed from your Mom so you could listen to the "Top Forty" wherever you were around the neighborhood. Same principle, different application.

Mike
In second place whoever invented the transistor radio ....
@skyscraper, fyi, the first commercially produced transistor radio is considered to be the Regency TR-1. Surviving examples are highly prized by antique radio collectors, and go for many hundreds of dollars these days, or even a good deal more than that depending on condition and color.

Regards,
-- Al
For me it would be Andy Payor former owner of Rockport Technologies.

Brilliant designer IMHO and would have loved to watch his development of the Rockport Sirius III turntable!
It doesn’t hurt that he’s also a great guy!
Frank
Many great names listed above, and maybe I missed some or if not mentioned I’ll add David Hafler and Saul Marantz. Living today would be Nelson Pass if I could pick only one. To have drinks with I suspect Mike Moffat would be entertaining. 
Saul Marantz was old when I met him back in the 1970's, but he was a pretty interesting guy.

David Hafler--really neat guy: DYNACO!, and  James Bongiorno, of course: Hadley, Dynaco, Marantz, and SAE as well as GAS.  They worked with John Curl, as well, another neat guy, and you want to work with him, not Mark Levinson, obviously.

Henry Kloss--never met him, but Acoustic Research, KLH, Advent and.Kloss Video...neat guy on the cusp of the revolution into today's "high end" in both audio and video.  All he lacked were today's microprocessors and code...he saw the future, certainly.

Jim Winey was a true pioneer, and his son continues the magic today.

Bob Fulton was a neat guy, and Bill Johnson was cranky but very dedicated to his work.

Too many to choose from, I guess...many, many more I did not list.

Neat thread!

Cheers!