Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
tomthiel

Good to see you as always. Hope you are well and having fun in your hot rod garage. And studio.

Happy Listening!
arvincastro

which cable(s) did you switch recently? Your ears are quite good as I found the Bluesound Vault to exhibit a slight glare/grain during my demo.

Happy Listening!

Hello jafant,

Around the same time I had the Vault 2 installed (had to have my dealer run CAT5 cabling to my listening area), I inserted MIT Terminator 2 cables from my LS7 line stage to the Thiel Bass Equalizer and then to the amp.  Former cables were Audioquest Golden Gate and King Cobra to the amp.  

While I do believe the MIT's are probably more resolving in some way, I do think the Vault's DAC is more likely the cause as it renders some of my ripped CD's with a presentation that's a bit more forward and lean than I remember.  Will try Tom's suggestion on listening height this weekend as I also swapped out my old listening chair just before getting the MIT cables and Vault 2 installed.

Happy listening!

Arvin C
Arvin - as we know it's a kettle of soup and everything interacts. Please keep us apprised of what you learn with the tilt experiment.