Tekton 4-10 Subwoofer

Looks like there is a new Sub from Tekton. It looks cool! Eric Alexander, if you are out there, would love to know more about this new product.

https://www.tektondesign.com/4-10-sub.html
bstatmeister
Just ordered a pair to flank my existing Tekton Double Impact’s (upgraded).

mcreyn: sensitivity DOES matter when dealing with subwoofers, just like any driver in a speaker. The drivers he chose and the way the 4 subs are wired means that he does not need a huge amp with 600+ watts to make a potent sounding subwoofer. I think you are spewing a bunch of assumptions on here - have you ever owned a pair of Tekton speakers? Maybe try a product first instead of looking at a bunch of specs and making a decision that they suck.

He is making speakers that are straight up EMBARRASSING speakers that cost 10X more. I know because I have owned many of them and am now on my 5th pair of Tektons.

Another thing regarding the "cheap" drivers... yes, he is using pretty basic drivers, x-overs and cabinets, BUT I prefer my $3400 Double Impacts with cheap drivers, cheap wiring, cheap x-overs in a basic box WAY MORE than the $10k Sonus Faber Cremona towers I owned. Why? Simple... they sound far better on ANY type of music you throw at them AND they require very little power to drive loudly AND the electronics do not need to be super hi-end to sound great. I admit that the SF towers looked stunning, but the Scanspeak tweeter (one of them) costs like $600 I think. That speakers uses all Scanspeak Revelator drivers.... so likely $4k in drivers alone? then the fancy cabinet, wood & leather finishes, x-overs, etc. Did the SF sound good? Sure, sounded great.... one of the best speakers I owned, but it required very expensive front end to sound its best and it did not sound great on all types of music. There may be some music that the SF speakers sounded a little better on, but not enough when you consider the cost difference.
Take a look at the 4-10 sub in question.... you have (4) 10" woofers @ around $75 each, then some wire, a simple MDF box with glue and nails/screws (maybe $80), the amp plate (about $100) then someone to build it (labor $???), then shipping the almost 100lb box at no cost. $800 is a GD bargain for this subwoofer. Talk about value for your money.
Awesome Audiofreak, please let us know your initial impressions since there is still hardly anything out there regarding these.
I just ordered a set of the 2-10 subwoofers. I was afraid the 4-10’s would tip over and start a domino event :)
Thanks Phas, besides center of gravity being a potential issue with the 4-10s, the 2-10s also have much better WAF. Interested in your impressions as well.
To those who have ordered these lately. What kind of lead time are they giving on delivery?