Whatta Ya Think About Hsu Research Subwoofers?

I’m in the market to add one or possibly two subwoofers to my stereo set-up.  I would like to spend $1,000 or less per unit, and that puts some of the higher-rated units out of reach.  I came across an ad for Hsu, which I had not heard of before.  I didn’t want a Chinese product and it turns out that Hsu Research is based in California and founded by Dr. Hsu, who has a Ph.D from MIT.  Audio reviewer Steve Gutenberg gave one Hsu product a positive review.  I was wondering if any of you have experience with Hsu and could share your impressions/recommendations with me.

My existing set—up is:  Parasound P5 pre-amp with Parasound A21 amp;  Martin Logan 60XT tower loudspeakers.  Thanks!
bob540
contuzzi363 posts02-22-2020 7:09amA HSU is a fine sub until you try a better one.  There are many many subs out there that are far far better for music.  
I’ve owned a ULS15 and a pair of VTF subs and have found several sub woofers since then which completely blow them away.  The funny thing is, when I owned the ULS for instance, I thought it was an amazing sub too.
+1
Almost any optimally setup sub is better than no sub at all. Experiencing a low frequency systems presentation attributes from actual in home comparison can give one another horizon. I can't help but remember a friends astonishment when he heard his old school sub fed an equalized signal for the first time.  
Mr. Contuzzi
You are missing the point.  I am sure your subwoofer is bigger than mine.  But the OP is looking for an affordable sub.  Not yours--whatever it may be.  Why would you even post on this thread?  Oh, guess I already answered that.
Thank you to all who have responded to my question — I’m a beginner at this and trying to learn (I sure don’t mind the study!), and I want to benefit from the experiences and informed opinions of the members here.

It looks like the consensus here is that a pair of subs (if not more) gives better results than a single sub.  Also, that I would be happy with the Hsu’s.  The model I am looking at is this one:

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/uls-15mk2.html

I prefer the looks of the rosewood (would go with my Martin Logan’s) but for the price difference I could be satisfied with black.  The biggest challenge for me is space.  My listening room is 14x19 and a short ceiling (less than 8’), with my equipment along the shorter wall.  The foot traffic passes right in front of my set-up to the garage and a laundry room, so space is pretty tight.  My Martin Logan’s are ported and said to sound better away from the wall, but this would put them in the path of people walking through.  Adding two subs to the mix — I’d have to figure out how to do that and not have them blocking the path.  I have a large fireplace that takes up most of one wall, large windows taking another (and heating vents below them that I want to keep my equipment away from) and an overśized sectional that dominates the other wall.  So, gotta work within prescribed limits.  I could post a pic of what it looks like, if you could offer suggestions?  
@bob540    That would clearly be the best choice out of the Hsu line for both aesthetic and musical reasons.  Your room does sound a bit tight, so you clearly would have issues with placing larger cabinets.  It's hard to predict where your subs will sound best.  Two is better than one for reasons noted above.  I lugged my subs to all the different placement options I had in my room. (You can see a pic of my room under Virtual Systems). In the end, they worked the best corner loaded.  Every room has its different set of resonant modes and nulls.  You just have to try it and see where things sound best from your listening position to your ears/taste.  The test CD Hsu provides is helpful as well music with deep bass content that you are well familiar.  Would be happy to look at pics of your room if you would like.
@bob540, your room's volume is not that big, and it sounds like floor space is at a premium. While a pair of ULS-15s would provide all the  low end you could want, you might have better placement options with a pair of SVS 12" subs (something like the sb-2000 pro). Although they don't have the rosenut veneer of the ULS, which is really nice if aesthetics are important.