Calling Vandersteen Treo owners

Simple question.... Are the Treo a big step up over the 2ce sig ii and why. They aren’t an efficient speaker for tubes. RV said I’ll have no issue with my setup. Could always drive the lower end with a different amp. Just curious what others have to say going from 2ce sigs to Treo have to say. I am looking at a set built on 2011 or 2012. Thanks for your input. 
128x128pstores
Recently sold my Treo CT's with the help of Johnny at Audio Connection after upgrading to Quatro CTs.  I really enjoyed the Treo but the upgrade bug and dual subs in the the Quatro's were calling for me.

The Treo's are great speakers but definitely were a gateway for me to get into the higher Vandersteen lines!
Sort of off topic here, but I was saddened when Richard stopped offering the 5A loudspeakers.  I bought a pair about 10 years ago, and marvel nearly every day at how wonderful they are.  I got them, of course, from the great Mr. Rutan, who I speak with often.  
And as a bonus, I am now driving them with a Music Reference RM9SE amp, with an RM5 preamp.  Once I learned that the late great (RIP) Roger died I had to purchase one of the three remaining masterpiece amplifiers he made.  
@repulso love it as I did similar and went out and found a minty RM-9 mk1 with KT-88 for my Treo
Richard and Roger shared a lot of mutual respect for each other and the RM-9 was voiced on the 2 and as many know Roger was one of the initial East Coast Vandy dealers only VA.

the reality is the 5a cabinet was extraordinary expensive to build and did not out perform the cabinet within cabinet design for resonance control. The push pull bass driver is of course incredible and does eclipse the Quatros ( iMO ) but not the new Kento.

the bottom line is enjoy the music !!!!

good on ya !!!!
I love the comment about Treo as a gateway Vandersteen drug.... I will lay that on RV next time we talk..,,

anybody want the t-shirt if I have them made ?

i am a small guy, just an XXL