Stereo Receivers from the past...

Perhaps a useless question, but even though I am not a politician I have the right to be useless sometimes! 
In thinking about a second bedroom system...If I were to use a receiver any toughts on good sounding ones you have had.  The best I have had, in the past, were the original Magnum Dynalab 208 and the Nakamichi SR-3a.  I had sold both.  But now with thinking of a bedroom system those do come to mind, but wondering if you have experienced a stereo receiver that you feel is better.  I am not much into compressed streaming but do enjoy a local/public classic Jazz station and the Jazz and female vocals music I own.   Thanks 
whatjd
I put a Pioneer SX-205 in the garage and liked it so much I picked up a used one for the shed pushing 1 to 3 sets of speakers. Fed from the house feed via Chinese FM transmitter.   They both chased out a cheap Sherwood that didn't like 4 seasons of weather. Yamaha is good enough for my bedroom, I got better things to do there.
@roberjerman....+! on the 2270....*S*  I had a new one decades ago...stepped up to a Kenwood L-07T, C, and a pair of the 07M's'....

...and I let them 'get away'....*dope-slap-self*

Life is best lived 'sdrawkcab' sometimes...;)
A lot of guys brought back Sansui from Nam in the day.  It was not bad...

Nak's break; Marantz items were mostly pretty good.  Pioneer, not so much.  Tandberg made a decent one, as I remember.

Cheers!
I loved my jvc Rx-40 from 1983....super class A with built in graphics equalizer. It sounded great with my old jensen system 400 acoustic suspension speakers....