Should I buy a VPI SCOUTMASTER. I OWN 25 RECORDS.

Should I pursue analog? Invest maybe 3 or 4 grand in a table and start buying records? Some stuff sounds really good on Vinyl but it's an expensive endeavor and NEW records aren't cheap. Plus thos pops and noise and a lot of setup required. Love the vintage aspect of it. Some records sound truly amazing on a really good table and cartridge. Take the plunge? Or buy a better DAC and dont look back!!! Lol. 
jeffvegas
We really need a device that adds clicks and pops to digital media so it sounds more like vinyl. I have lots of new vinyl (and old stuff) that sounds astonishingly good...lucky me, so of course you don't need used records particularly. Note I'm not a vinyl fanatic as I like plenty of digital also, but hey...you can only play vinyl on a turntable and since it can sound great, why not have a decent one? My Akito arm has bearings and still works somehow...detail for days.
Only Linn product I ever liked is my 20 year old Linn Ikemi cd player. LP12 is all hype. VPI's blow them away. 
If you have 25 records why do you need VPI SCOUTMASTER belt drive ? As i can see even second hand VPI is about $2k, right ? Look for new Technics first and compare the prices, it is direct drive.

Never buy an MC cartridge if you never tried a good MM before, read this article first. Start with MM or MI cartridges, because when you will destroy some MC you won’t be able to replace the stylus yourself. Stick to under $700 price tag for a cartridge, buy Moving Magnet or Moving Iron. Check Garrott or SoundSmith if you need new production. Audio-Technica cartridges are always good! 
 Some vintage are excellent too.
You don't have to spend that kind of money to get going.  All the fuss about turntables is, in my opinion, tweaky and over blown.  It's a pretty basic function.  My suggestion would be you a Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable and one of the Hana cartridges.  That will run you around $1500, depending on which cartridge model you pick.  Sounds like you may not need a phono pre-amp, but if you do, search around for the best one you can afford.  My opinion is that the cartridge and the pre-amp make the most difference.  My experience is that with a good cartridge, the pops and clicks are not so bad as you think.

In any case, definitely go for it!  We stream and do digital music production all the time, here at my house, and have solid gear.  but nothing sounds as good as vinyl.