Are Bowers and Wilkins speakers overpriced?

I see a lot of negative commentary on B&W. Why? Are they overpriced? Do they not sound as amazing as they look? Are they too “main stream”? - I love my 805 d3’s but curious why they get such a bad rep. 
paulgardner
“1) Speakers are highly personal. Get those YOU like. There are no one-size-fits-all speakers.

2) Components, and most importantly components matching, matter. A lot. They can make or break a speaker.”

Well said, @thyname. 
@thyname -

"1) Speakers are highly personal. Get those YOU like. There are no one-size-fits-all speakers."
EXACTLY correct!
Are B&W overpriced?  A completely subjective opinion . . .
i know this is lower end but i bought a pr of 703s2’s for a second system and find them much more musical with the new continuum midrange driver vs the older kevlar driver. They were $3500(now 4k) and I think of them as sort of a value. It’s a well designed attractive speaker that’s a floor stand model. A prudent shopper can make a very nice system using them plus a b&w subwoofer. Very much worth a listen in this price range. I didn’t care too much for the previous versions. 
Overpriced is a personal determination -- would you rather have the product or the money in your pocket?