Magnepan 3.7

Looks nice, link below.

“the 3.7 is a 3-way, full-range ribbon speaker with a very ‘fast’ quasi-ribbon midrange and true ribbon tweeter.”

"The 3.7 is available in new aluminum trim or our traditional wood trims of oak and cherry. Fabric options are off-white, black and dark gray. Suggested list pricing starts at $5495/pair for aluminum or oak versions, or $5895/pair for the dark cherry versions."

Magnepan 3.7
james63
01-07-11: James63
I am not in the market for a pannel speaker.... I just like reading the news. I have heard the entire magnepan line at length. I like them but could never get over the iffy build quality. Hopfully the "ribbon" helps reduce delaminating issues (more surface area per weight to glue).

With that being said I think the 3.7s have potential

Exactly why I sold my Magnepans and lost interest. They sound incredible, but the delaminination is rediculous. I am well aware how to repair these, but I shouldnt have to. Magnepan needs to find a way to bond to the mylar. I am sure there is a much better way then glue.

I would only buy Magnepan if they could ever fix this. Just my opinion.
I've always like the Magnepan sound, and especially the 3 series, even though it differs quite a bit from what I typically like. The idea of Magnepan going to an all ribbon(?, what the heck is a quasi-ribbon anyway?) seems like a major change and possible advancement for Magnepan. I'm curious.
James63,

they fixed that delamination issue with a new 3m glue about 10 years ago. In the market for one now?
A quasi ribbon is something that resembles a ribbon but is not a ribbon. In essence I agree with your question W*F is that. They really owe their die hard loyal followers a better description and stop the silly marketing jargon.
My 3.6's are coming up on 11 yrs old. No delamination/no buzzes or anything funny has happened to them.

The 3.7's do have my interest.