How old to qualify for vintage?

As the title asks.
unsound
Hard to admit, but gear from my teen years is considered classic and vintage

With vintage turntables, do you have to decant, or can you play straight from the platter?
Doesn't hifi already employ a very liberal usage of meaningless superlatives?  Just as "reserve" has no agreed upon, or legal definition in the wine biz,  "reference" appears on many audio products that just ain't,  right?  I actually stumbled upon this site as I was searching for yet another Pioneer SX series receiver about six years ago,  and because of landing here gifted away all of my Marantz, Pioneer stuff.  (For the record I continue to have a soft spot in me head for Pioneer,  Marantz,  and Sansui receivers.)  My ex gf has both a Pioneer and a Marantz receiver in her home...

Obviously I have  a somewhat local "guy" who is capable of keeping them running.  There's always a "guy."

To the topic, I suggest that to be considered vintage a piece of gear should be at least 21 years old.  (Cars are registered as "classic" at 20 years,  correct?)  I cannot think of a piece of consumer-grade gear from 21 years ago that is anywhere near as popular as those 1970's era stereo receivers still are - but then,  I was out of the audio game for a good stretch of time.  It was searching for that Pioneer receiver that started me again.

This being suggested,  the pair of Klipsch CF-3 towers that I bought when I first moved into this house 25 years ago would qualify.  (And they still have a somewhat devoted following amongst Klipschsters currently.)  The Bob Carver cube amp that powered them would also qualify even though I forget what the model designation was.  Definitely the NAD 7020 PE receiver I had whilst living on the beach would qualify,  as well.

I believe that I may have used a Pioneer receiver along with those Klipsch, but I can't be 100% certain.  I never got into separates before finding this site,  so I am obviously dismissing a LOT of gear that contributors to this thread are still fond of.

I'd like to read about 'em.