Is there a such too much power for speakers?

How do I know the amp I’m looking to buy is beautifully enough power for my speakers?
what will happen when the power amp is (way) over or too much power for the speakers?
My Local dealer quoted, “there aren’t limits on power amp, (but my budget that is). The more, the better, they added”
Their suggested highest amplifications are in $75k range (my speakers are in $20k range)
Please help.
128x128nasaman
I am more familiar with the Stradivari.  I have helped with the setup of three systems using that speaker.  The Elipsa looks like a slightly smaller version of the Stradivari.  The Stradivari did not require high power to sound good.  I don't expect that the Elipsa needs really high power to sound good and it probably cannot absorb as much power and deliver quite the same volume level as the Stradivari.  I have not heard many speakers that really "need" more than 100 watts, and I doubt that the Elipsa would be one of those kinds of speakers.

There are tradeoffs involved in any choice of amplifier.  The higher the output, the more output devices run in parallel are needed and the sound does suffer in some ways from this design choice.  I find this particularly the case with tube amps; and with a lot of manufacturer's lines, I prefer their lower power and cheaper amps when the speakers are appropriately efficient.  

I am not saying that a high-powered tube amp is not appropriate; it is just that you should not automatically rule out amps that are in the power range of your current amps under the impression that it is more power that is needed for improved sound.  While you expressed a preference for tube amps, if you do find that more power is what is needed, you should consider solid state amps.  Some solid state amps are quite decent where a bit more power is the requirement (e.g., look at Ayre amps).
@dwmaggie,
I listed them all up on my last response including wattage and price. They are all within the brand VTL. Happy to share again as below:
. Speakers SonusFaber Elipsa SE
. current amp VTL ST-150, 120wpc, $6000
***In discussion:
. VTL S-200, 200wpc, $12k
. VTL S-400, 300wpc, $25k
. VTL mb-450, 425wpc, $25k
. VTL Seifried, 650wpc, $75k
Thank you Larryi and ev1 else. I do read everyone’s comment Thoughts and suggestions. 
+1 @cakyol
+1 @mijostyn

I found a good video on youtube titled," What is Clipping?? Understanding Amplifier Clipping & Clipped Signals".

Though this is pertaining to car audio, the video showing sinusoidal wave forms on an oscilloscope, and what a driver does when it's driven by a clipped sinusoidal wave is a good educational tool.

This information is irrespective of the actual quality of the signal being fed into the loudspeakers. If your salesman had said, "There aren't many limits to the quality and output power of an amplifier that are not addressed by your budget", I'd have to agree.

However, I would say that the amplifier isn't nearly the most significant area on which to divide your budget. Source, loudspeakers and room treatment/design are in my mind more important to the overall sound of a system. Of course, amplifiers, interconnects and power are all important, however how to divide the money you invest seems a little skewed in the price of the amplifier the local dealer is offering you.