Slot, tray, or top load?

Any thoughts on the inherent advantages/disadvantages between CD loading mechanisms? Between slot, tray, and top loaded CD transports/players, which do you consider the best and why?

J.Chip
128x128jchiappinelli
I have a vinyl rig too.  Do you want to tell me I should be streaming instead of spinning? lol
@jameswei
I don't know what soix would say, but having both vinyl & digital front ends myself, I definitely recommend you start streaming asap... Not as nice looking as a top-notch TT-arm-cartridge setup, but the hi-end digital front ends sure perform well, comparable to the analogue in fact!
And it's very simple to stream or download music nowadays!
(TT is a Simon Yorke pluto arm, old fm acoustics phono).

I think the real question is: What unit will be the most reliable and best SQ? While I think the top loader has the coolness factor and potentially fewer mechanical problems, tray style is probably the most common and there are many very good versions of it. I ended up buying a slot loader because of reviews and I like how clean the face looks. It's been rock solid dependable thus far.
Sorry, but my internet is unreliable.

For example, my Spectrum TV streaming app stopped working with my Roku recently. Used to be OK, but I couldn’t use it to watch the Super Bowl. Total fail.

I hope your music streaming should remain troublefree.