As good as it gets

I recently purchased a new  integrated amp. It has tube's and I wondered if there is a burn in period, or do they sound as good day one as after 4 weeks?
mfdamon
To noromance
I guess I hope it improves a little. I am comparing it to another good amp and don't hear the sound I as hoping for.
A bit of a slippery slope here.  Tubes really do make a difference, but as with everything, it's relative to parts quality supporting it all.  I spent a considerable sum on 300B tubes plus the others for my Manley preamp and it changed considerably for the better.

The Manley came stock with decent tubes, EH.  My Mahi Mahi mono blocks came with EH stock.  Upgrading those really changed and improved performance.  I don't know the level of your integrated.  Millercarbon is perhaps correct that the other pieces are more important.
I guess I hope it improves a little. I am comparing it to another good amp and don't hear the sound I as hoping for.
One thing really frustrating, people dribbling little drabs here and there. Just come out and tell us wtf is going on, so we can help, okay?WHICH amps? If you want your POC to sound like SOTA, that ain't happening. If its close and you wonder if it will get there, well then you need to tell us which amps AND describe in what ways its close or different.
I could just come out and tell you exactly what to expect in terms of changes as a component gets more hours on it. Its a very similar progression almost totally regardless of what the component is. Or even if it is a component at all- Total Contact and Omega Mats break in too.
But its a lot better if you learn to think and describe better. So we can, you know, help better.
good one Miller! I feel the same as you and get frustrated when OP’s ask for advice and don’t give enough info to allow us to provide help or an educated opinion and then there’s the OP’s who post their "system" in the most minute details which is too long or complicated to even look at.