Guttenberg's Cornwall IV Review -- I'm in trouble

https://youtu.be/M8H3Wx80V3Y

He directly compares the Cornwall IV to the Forte III (which I own).  This is dangerous for me because his points on the differences between the C-wall and Forte hit home.  

I'm calling the credit cards telling them any purchase involving audio in the next 60 days should be flagged as fraudulent! That should stop me, right? 

Kidding aside, I'm dying to hear the Cornwall IV.  If you have heard them, please chime in!
128x128jbhiller
Good reasonably full range speaker systems are NOT music specific, and note that orchestral music for example generally has much more dynamic range than metal or punk where the pedal is generally floored...and indie rock? All over the sonic map.
My concerns with the Cornwall IV:

1.  Bass extension.  They're rated as -4dB at 34 Hz. (-4???).  I'm wondering how they'd respond to a slight boost, say +3dB at 32 Hz. via DSP?  If they can get even a few more Hz extension, I could live without a subwoofer.

2.  Woofer to midrange crossover.  This is academic if you listen directly on axis (I usually don't).  But at the 700 Hz. crossover point, the woofers are starting to beam.  This gives a slightly blurred midrange right before the highly articulate midrange horn kicks in.  I've heard this effect with the Cornwall 1 and 2 versions.  Does the larger mid horn mask this?

3.  Size and weight.  The earlier Cornwalls that I've owned were made of marine ply, and were easier to move and handle.  The IVs are made of veneered particle board and weigh a LOT more (even with less structural integrity).  How does the MDF sound compared to the earlier plywood construction?

4.  Cost.  It's a 15" three way speaker.  $6,000 per pair?  Really?  Yes, the finish is gorgeous, and yes, the sound is supposed to be better, but still...  How many folks can afford $6K for speakers?

My non-concerns with the Cornwall IV:

1.  Voicing.  Everyone who has heard this speaker says it works well.  Everyone.  Are they ALL wrong?  I doubt it.

2.  Appearance.  New grills and good woodworking - nice!

3.  Resale value.  Bet these hold their value for a LONG time.

Options I'd like to see on the Cornwall IV:

1.  Speakon connectors.  Used in the Pro world & far superior to anything in consumer electronics.

2.  Different height options on the risers.  Some of us are taller than others...

And that's all, folks!

Boomzilla
6K is the MSRP. They can be had for much less. If you cant work out a deal to get them for $4800 or less your doing something wrong. I got my Forte 3's for $3100 (4K MSRP).

Cornwall's can be placed on Dolly's with Isolation Mat's to make them a breeze to move around. Many people prefer to have them aimed crossing in front of you instead of pointing at your ears. YMMV