Something is missing

Hi guys My set up has
Rotel RA1952
Focal Aria 948's
Sony Hap z1 est.
Music Hall Ikura TT

Imaging and soundstage is good but it seems like I am missing some attack or dynamics. Cables are not exotic but decent. Interested in any thoughts. Thanks
raygil
@stereo5 - Do you like the DSD upsampler on the Sony ? . The blue light indicates it is on on the front ? I went a year not using it in a setup . Different amp / pre and now I am liking the DSD upsampler . I also tried a Exogal dac and the Sony sounded better . It is a great piece of gear . It really is too bad there is no Tidal or Quboz . Any particular power cord you have found good with it ?
Sorry to the op for hijacking
@maplegrovemusic ....................

I have always used the DSD ups ampler on the Sony. I’m listening to it as I write this. I use all Shunyata power cords on every piece of equipment I have. It has always satisfied me. It is one of their cheaper cords at around $250-300.00. Shunyata Diamondback Platinum which are discontinued. It is just above the Venom cords. I am of the belief of not going overboard over power cords. My amp and preamp use Shunyata Copperhead cords which were in the $400-450.00 range. I too wish Sony would add Tidal to the mix. I wrote to them and was told the may include Tidal in an upcoming firmware upgrade. 
I own both a Z1 and a vega G2. The differences are minor, especially considering the price delta. The Sony really holds it’s own, so this isn’t the change you should focus on. The DAC change recommendations above...I doubt they are even familiar with the equipment.  
hum... have heard the sony standalone and with esoteric dac - and the sound improved with the external dac.  Agree the sony by itself is fine but that doesn't mean it can't be improved.

Same system sound improved when power cables when from $500 to $1500.  What changed - the speed of the bass in particular.  Sound went from someone clapping with gloves on to sound that crackled from bare hands.  Of course to hear this you will need lots of power from an amp or better yet amps.  

But - what does all of this prove?  You have to be comfortable with what you have to spend and then ask - is this the best I can do within my budget.

BTW - looking forward to an upgrade on the sony - especially for a larger hard drive.