confused and don't know what to do

We would like to buy a nice audio system and also have this double as a surround sound but listening to music is the priority. We have listened to many speakers but have settled on the B&W 804's. Now the challenge is to select a receiver and all the other accompaniments we require. We have a little challenge in that our home is a condo and the outside wall is all glass. The space is combined kitchen, living room, and dining room all open with hardwood floors and hard tile on the walls of the kitchen and a lot of granite counter tops. It seems that every where we go, the recommendations are different depending on what the store is selling and of course, the sales people would like us to buy the most expensive. What would give great sound without going crazy. We are thinking about 2 tribe sub woofers and space is limited and an in wall center B&W speaker but we don't know what we are doing and don't want to throw our money away. Help! Too many choices and we don't have enough knowledge. Thank you so much.
raw33
Excuse us Millercarbon, please list your experience in setting up a Home Theater, all you do is denegrate those people who enjoy the benefits of both.

As noted we gave the OP a few solid recommendations how you can use an integrated amp along with a receiver to create a high performing two channel system that also doubles to do home theater by utilizing a surround sound receiver.

We have also listed the reasons why a two channel integrated amp will outperfrom a surround sound recevier.

Our experience in this area has been demonstrated by the fact that we ae a professional company that actually builds theaters and we are very into two channel music oriented systems as seen by the brands we sell, we sell mostly two channlel systems and parts.

As per selling the OP anytning that will all depend on if the OP wants to contact us and we can put something together that will work for the OP.

We have consulted with many people over the years because we have the experience and we have the products as well.

Our experience has been learned by studying with Keith Yates, Toni Grimani, Russ Herschelman, and by putting together 100’s of theater systems over 30 years as well as attending CEDIA and playing with and seting up many different brand of surround sound products.

The fact that you don’t understand just how engrossing an experience that great theater offers should sideline you from this conversation.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
I'm doing what audiotroy advised, i.e, I'm using a Denon AVR for the center and surround speakers, and a pre-amp/DAC fed into a Krell power amp for the front L/R speakers.  The pre-amp is a PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC, which has the home theater bypass feature.  Sounds pretty good on both movies and music.  As suggested above, you can get a nice integrated amp with home theater bypass.  I would have gone with an integrated amp if didn't already have the big Krell.
Post removed 
OP we live part of the year in a condo with a large great room and a wall of windows, very good sound is possible with attention to detail, component selection and proper setup - furnishings help and maybe even some pleasing acoustic treatments.

what is the real no kidding budget ?

i happen to agree in a reverberant space the B&W you picked should be avoided.

where are you located ? There will be trusted dealers posters here can recommend.

the Totem subs you picked, how did you find / choose those ? I have a Totem system in a sunroom, sounds great with NAD power, a 40’ glass wall....but speaker position is everything in that room

have fun, enjoy the journey