Wilson Benesch ACT

Has anyone had experience with this speaker. To be used on a Modwright KWA150 poweramp

Is the frequency response flat through the midrange

thanks
celticsfan1
One of the most beautiful speakers to look at out there IMHO. I tried to audition them when I was in the hunt to no avail--could not find a dealer that had them on hand anywhere on near where I live. I did manage to hear the smaller two ways (cannot remember their name) which share some design characteristics and found them lean, dry and uninspiring. Not sure if the same can be said for the ACT's however.
heard a pair about 8 years ago though in house audition at local rep. Extremely fast and transparent, and very articulate bass, not to mention incredibale aestetics.
Nothing to compare them to, no 2nd habd market, probably problems with service - buying these speakers would be a big leap of faith.
I have heard them a couple times at my local dealer (who loves them and wants me to like them too), but I find them unlistenable for more than a few minutes. By my estimation, it did sound flat through the midrange (and higher), but that is what I didn't care for in them. It just sounded like pins and needles in my ears after more than a few minutes. But it was one of the most neutral and revealing speakers I've ever heard.

In all fairness, I find some other speakers a bit on the shrill side that others don't, so this as much a reflection of my tastes as of fact. If I were listening exclusively to vinyl and had a nice warm tube amp, I may feel differently about them.
I found them fatiguing as well, which the dealer said he had never heard that before. I will say that the build quality is exceptional and they look absolutely fantastic. I really wanted to love them as the aesthetic was exactly what I was looking for. Oh well.
I had them for 6 weeks. They are not to my ears fatiguing. They utilize a silk dome tweeter which if anything is on the soft side. They are ,however, very neutral which may not be to everyones taste.