Frustrated with Vinly

Hey All,

Just coming here to let out out my frustration with Vinyl. I know that Vinyl takes patience but it's frustrating when playing some of my newer records and they have noises that I do not want to hear. Meaning, I try to clean them and they still have noise (pops, crackles, etc). When playing at low volumes of course you do not hear as much but when I turn up the volume is when it gets irritating. 

I can understand if older vinyl would sound like this but these are my newer records that I bought (amazon or barnes and nobles).

Now, I know the products that I am using are probably not great in the first place and I will probably need to upgrade to some more serious cleaner).

Currently trying to use a combo of: Kaiu Vinyl record cleaning set and I have also tried the Audio Technica AT6012 Record Care Kit.

So now I am considering either a Spin Clean type system or Pro-Ject  VC-S2 ALU Type cleaning system.

Any suggestions?

I almost want to give up on Vinyl sometimes and stick to digital (cd, hi res files, qobuz streaming).

Current equipment: denon dp-300f w/2m blue cart.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
I've done 5 Audiophile group get-togethers in SoCal since September. We have 2-3 good DACs (and 5-6 not so good) several TTs, lots of amps and speakers. 
One of our guys brings an ultrasonic cleaner. That does make a difference on good/or new records, but on some, nothing helps.  IT take about 15 min and he has some brew he uses.  That gets the stuff out of the deep groves and for some new records it brighten's them up a bit. 

There is one Vinyl that always sounds best. There are 2-3 that we all debate. The Vinyl guys prefer the records. Then that are many many records that just are not that good. The same/or similar track on DAC is better.
The issue is probably the phono stage.  I found this out personally, since when I changed from several phono preamps that I owned to the Manley Chinook, all my records became far quieter.  Even friends notice that you rarely hear pops, clicks or scratches on my system.  

Do a search on AGon for Atmosphere and Phono Stage, and you'll read descriptions from analog expert Ralph Karsten on why this happens.  Bottom line, it's about static that is created in the process of the needle dragging across the vinyl, and how the phono preamp can become unstable for a variety of reasons.  A better phono preamp will make a huge difference.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F161402849405

This and a 6L ultrasonic tub is the most cost effective way to properly clean records.  1 Gallon Distilled water is perfect fill level which cleans about 30 albums depending on how dirty they are. I don’t use any addictive although many do. 
Good listening
Peter 
Get used to it.  I have stopped buying new music on vinyl.  Digital is consistently better and most of it was digitally mastered anyway.  Adding a DA, cutting lathe, pressing plant, and a phono cartridge to the playback chain is not going to increase fidelity.  New vinyl is a complete crapshoot when it comes to surface noise and SQ.  Most records are being pressed on antique machinery by people that don't have the experience of times past.  In it's heyday all new records were quiet.  Now, as the OP said, some new pressings sound like used records.
Not to be (too) repetitive, but obviously, the better your equipment, the better opportunity for the awesome sound of vinyl to be enjoyed.  That being said, a better system will naturally expose whatever flaws may be on your records, including dirt.  Cleaning ALL (including brand new) records prior to playing is essential for maximum pleasure.  After doing extensive research I recently purchased a Clearaudio Double Matrix Sonic (not ultrasonic) cleaning machine.  I believe it to be the best in the world.  The results have been astounding, far exceeding my expectations.  40 year old records (with 40 years worth of dirt, complete with pops and background noise) sounded (and looked) pristine after a single cleaning.  The machine cleans the records by automatically spinning the discs forward and backward multiple times, and while doing that, secretes cleaning fluid, to both sides simultaneously, and vacuums several times during a single process.  There is also a manual setting so that you may customize the process for a deeper cleaning, if necessary.  Once the cleaning is completed, the user then swings an antistatic arm over the disc and after 2 or 3 revolutions all static electricity is gone.  Then place the record into a Mobile Fidelity sleeve for safe keeping.  Putting the record back into the paper sleeve which is full of dust (and worse) defeats the purpose of doing the cleaning in the first place.  There are videos on You Tube available to see the process in action.
By the way, the reason for sonic, rather than Ultrasonic, is that ultrasonic's powerful waves may cause the loosened dirt to crash into the grooves of the record, causing damage.
The ClearAudio Double Matrix is a very expensive machine, so that may be a non starter, but if you can swing it, you will be thrilled with the results.  Plus, it's REALLY cool to watch it work and it's built like a tank!  The retail for the machine is $6,000(!), but I bought mine on AudioGon for (only!) $3,300.  It was an open box, but never used.