Wide baffle speakers are better than narrow

I'm just putting out some facts here so no one gets further misguided.

Wide baffle speakers sound much better, more natural and bring the acoustics of the recording venue with them.

Narrow baffle speakers are not as good without significant room treatment.

I'm glad no one here disagrees.
erik_squires
 Yes large drivers do act as moving baffles with the added attraction of even more distotion... hence the curve linear and other exotic cone shapes... none of which are pistonic....

quiz time : what is the name for distortion caused by the moving baffle ? This is why each and every 3 way and up Vandersteen uses a 5” ish midrange and another reason why frequency to baffle relationships matter

oh where oh where are the legendary KEF and B&W designers that built the low diffraction heads on the flagships ????!
And the LS3/5a or Kef 101, Linn Kan , those are the BBC ( or near ) standard imaging kings....and natural vocals...

If you mount drivers on a canned ham you can sort of replicate a human head...for this to last you do need to keep the listening room very cold or have a shorter listening session followed by sandwiches.
erik_squires, opinions vary.
The very best loudspeker I have heard used a seas exotic driver with the tweeter baffle removed and replaced by an ovalized 4mm solid copper baffle (due to the Young’s Modulus of copper). Which was designed to work in a 2" thick acoustic foam baffle that absorbs reflected energy from the back pressure.
The entire baffle away from the drivers was 2" thick acoustic foam treatment, essentially done to try and mask or remove the baffle from the overall sound the drivers were tuned to produce.

After hearing this I am wondering when someone will make a driver with a cast pure copper basket, as the Young’s modulus of copper lends itself to stop ringing from the basket itself. And yes this has been tested, by using a solid copper backing behind the front seal of the frame and pure copper screws to attach it to the baffle.

Anyway, opinions vary, just like whether or not vibration decoupling loudspeakers from the substrate between them and electronics makes a difference.

Either way, I’m pleased that you are happy with the sound your system produces. So am I with mine :-)