Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
rosami

Good to see you again. I hope your CS 2.4 speakers find the next home soon. Absolutely, a change in cable/power cord can make a significant difference. This fact cannot become discounted. There are quite a few here who enjoy the 3.6 model. Tom is working diligently on the upgrade path. Stay tuned.

Happy Listening!
@rosami 
Thank you for your post.
Could you comment on the difference between the 2.4 and 3.6 and why you are sticking with the 3.6 over the 2.4?  I’d love to hear that as I’m considering those two models. Thanks!
mr_bill
While this is only my personal opinion-listening in my room with my gear-it's obvious that the 3.6s and 2.4s have many of the same positive attributes-of which we're all aware. 
I think the 2.4s are somewhat higher resolution speakers than the 3.6s; they have the ability to uncover somewhat greater detail in recordings and perhaps (i'm not sure of this) slightly better imaging and space cues. The larger 3.6s are more at ease with dynamic material and have a more extended bottom end. The mid-bass is somewhat "slower" than the 2.4's (obvious on "fast" electronics such as my Naim system) and improving this area would be one of my main "wants." Also, the 3.6s seem to have an upper-mid glare, and this has been made more evident after I had my amp updated. But overall, in my room, the greater dynamic ease, separate midrange driver, and more extended bottom-end of the 3.6s were the main reasons i decided to keep those speakers. I'm hoping that-with Tom T.'s hot-rodding, there may be potential for greater improvement compared to the 2.4s. It was a tough decision though because the 2.4s do just about everything right. 
mr_bill

Good to see you again.  Rosami offers an excellent summation of the CS 2.4 model.  Keep me posted on your purchase decision.

Happy Listening!
All

Today marks this thread's 4th Anniversary here on Audiogon. Since inception, we are acquiring and attracting new contributors and members of the Panel. I continue to become impressed with each passing year as Thiel Audio is finding its audience via the secondary market. Support continues to fortify and strengthen from several avenues including other Audio -based forums. The word is out indeed. 
Thank You-  for everyone's Dedication and Passion towards the betterment of our Hobby.

Happy Listening!